The “Maria Dolens” bell, symbol of solidarity, brotherhood, harmony and the condemnation of all conflicts, was created immediately after the end of the Great War with bronze salvaged from some of the canons used during the fighting.
It is situated on the Miravalle Hills above Rovereto, and this touching monument is set in the middle of a large square, surrounded by a beautiful amphitheatre. Every evening the bell rings 100 times, the idea being to wake up our consciences and convert us to thinking about life and peace.
Since 1968, the moral princes represented by the Bell of Peace are substituted by the foundation of the same name, whose role is that of promoter of culture and peace, of non-violence, human rights and the good manners of the new generations.
The Foundation of the Bell of Peace has its premises right next to the monument and the building is often used for events and conference as it has a large, multi-functional room equipped with all basic technical requirements.
- distance and journey time from airport Verona: 85 km 60 mins
- distance and journey time from railway station Rovereto: 5 km 10 mins
- distance and journey time from motorway exit Rovereto Sud: 7 km 15 mins
|Capacity pax with various set-ups||Area
Technical equipment in the congress areas:
- microphones with stand
- presenters' table
- seats (with writing area)
- electrical connections
- store room
- free wi-fi in public areas
- car-parking (on the premises or by agreement)